Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Monday 5-6 Travel to UK

Watched a movie, the new Die Hard movie - but could not sleep.  Tried to lay down, but the seats are made for 5'10'' individuals.  Having the seat in sleeping postition I had to bend my knees so I could not fit, not confortable.  I tried this for a bit, but then just sat there.  Took a trip to the front of the plane, talking to the pilot and stewardess, we talked about London and the purpose of my trip a bit, the pilot didnt seem interested in getting back to steer the plane.  I had a packet of cherry infused rasins, they were OK.  They had a monitor with a channel to view the flight patterns and proivded real time info, which was cool to keep track.  Before landing we had breakfast - Fruit and a croissant

Plane landed all was good - I could not pop my ears and the tension was building.  We left the plane, went through imigrations - fast track - no problems - guy told me to hold my nose and blow - worked a little bit but had lots of strange sounds coming from the head.....

I exchanged some money, got my luggage, went through customs and found a taxi, the driver did not say a word.  We found a hotel, but I thought it was the wrong one, so went in and checked.  I was right, he drove me to the wrong hotel.  The driver blamed it on me,but he was wrong.  We got to the correct mayfair hotel and they driver did not take credit cards, so I went into the hotel and they indicated they would pay for the trip and add it to the hotel bill.  Checked in, got my luggage and relaxed for a bit.

I went for lunch - EAT was the name - real original - kind of a Wawa - got some food and drink, then walked, walked, got lost, walked, got lost and walked, found a park, then finally found the SEI office and walked and got lost more.  Lots of upscale car dealers and retail stores, Rolls Royce, Porsche, Hugo Boss. etc.......

Went back to the room for a break, caught up on some emails and bagage. 

Went to dinner a Lebanese restraurant.  Never had this food before, they provided bread and pickles - olives.  The pickled turnips were great.  Food was spicy but not hot.  Had some spicey peppers too, not too bad.  The meal was good but I dont remember want any of it was called.  They also gave me 3 pieces of desert all very good, sweet and tasty - no names.

Went back to the hotel for bed.


No comments: