Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Miscellaneous Items

Western dress is more prevalent in the Greater Noida and Noida areas – I saw that in the mall on Saturday, very refreshing to see native wear on Sunday in Delhi.

Roads and traffic are much less hectic in Greater Noida and Noida too, in Delhi it reminded me of my last visit but less traffic as it was an off day.

I noticed this on Friday but there were guys with colourful – neon rackets, I thought maybe racquetball, squash or badminton rackets – with the hotel having some courts, but these were for the flies and mosquitoes, they were best control – during one meal they much have got a big bug as it scared me a bit with the noise of the electric shock.

Noida and Greater Noida is rapidly building many and I mean many new high rise residential and commercial complexes which are in progress, about 10-15 between the two cities and many more in each. Also much construction in Delhi with the continued building of the metro, they still need to connect many communities to reduce the traffic. They work without impeding the traffic and often on pillars over the cities, homes and traffic, pretty interesting. So to say there is lots of construction would be an understatement. I feel every year many new attractions and features will be added to these cities, pretty exciting.

The food at the hotel is very less spicy – Joydeep would be right at home. I noticed this during the first couple means, but with comparing my weekend away meals it was very apparent. It was good to have a mix though. Not sure how my stomach will hold up to the barrage of different, spicy and good food.

Last Friday night I was awoken by a call to my cell after 3 hours of sleep and the plane ride. It was my dad looking for Lowe’s, he must have hit redial as I called when I got to the hotel, so I had some choppy sleep that night and had to convince him I was not at Lowe, but his son in India. I unfortunately got revenge, on Saturday morning, the taxi was delayed with a flat, so I thought I would give a call it was 10AM here and thought it was 7:30PM in the US, but it turned out to be 12:30AM in the US, so I woke both my parents for a brief call but got an early happy mother’s day greeting in too……

1 comment:

Prashant. said...

It was fun reading this blog of yours.