Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday 5-10 India Day 1 Clean Room

Got some sleep, woke around 10AM. This was the best hotel shower I ever had seen. No bending over to get under the water or squeezing close to the wall. The shower head was on the ceiling and it also had a shower wand – great refreshing shower! Got to the lobby around 12 noon, no time for breakfast but not hungry after late diner. I am craving idle and Sāmbhar though. Met Pranay at the lobby, drove to the office about 15 minutes. The new G Noida office stands out and is represented by the NIIT colours, - building looks very modern. Guards let us into the campus, then walked to the door, more guards, sign in to get badge – met Sona. Went to the 1st floor for SEI, past the clean room. I was shown around a bit – they have mural paintings and picures of the SEI office on the walls – going to my desk or meeting room ran into Hitesh. Had a meeting with Sachin, Pranay, Sona, Sachin, and Anwarul to review my travel plans, all is good. Then met with Rhonda, she got me up to speed with many SEI – NIIT projects. She recommended some travel changes which we will work out the details next week. Then the long awaited entrance to the clean room. It was just another room, nothing fancy.  Just lots of people working hard.   Was introduced to many team members from the RTM, RTO, SW, Mobius, ODR teams, it was nice to put a name to a face. Went to lunch, a couple pasta dishes, rice and fish, Suvrata attended, good to see him. Then back to the office and ran into many other old faces, Ashish, Sachin and Bala. Good time catching up. Back to the clean room to catch up on emails and as others came in I was introduced. Left office around 7PM, back to the hotel, I had a buffet dinner bottled water, roti and naan, pasta, okra, eggplant, Dal, lots of good food, had some old favourites and tried a couple new plates. Desert I had my favourite carrot dish! There was entertainment too, I was watching them cook the breads – it was very entertaining and educational for me……as I like making pizza dough from scratch…..this was an experience – then off to bed for a quick night of sleep as it will be an early morning to the office.




No comments: