Friday, May 10, 2013

Thursday 5-9 Travel to India

Got up, finished packing for my second flight and trip to India. Checked out, got a taxi to the airport, pleasant trip and driver. He talked about not liking to fly – I too feel this way. Got to the airport stopped at the club, continental breakfast – had some muffins and asked when I should leave for the flight. They told me leave at 10AM for a 10:20 flight. At 10AM , I checked the board it indicated final call, so I got a little nervous, then walking to the plane, I say that the status was changed to closing – I panicked a bit more and started running – got to the terminal and they indicated I had plenty of time – it was a scare tactic which worked for me--- I think they were laughing at me too…so calmed down and had a long walk to the plane. Not looking forward to this as the last plane I could not relax and sleep. Got on the plane – it was different and bigger, I was happy! I was able to lay back and strech out a bit.  Caption spoke a lot this time before takeoff, he was boasting that he hasn’t needed the emergency details yet and not planning till retirement – pretty confident.


Lunch was provided, salad, Indian chat, rice dish, with chocolate mousse – good a bit spicy – they provided samosa for dinner snack – very good –crust was very light! Watched a few movies – Argo, taken 2 and something else – to let the time go by – flight was very good. They had an update flight monitor, which was cool - we traveled through Europe above the middle east and thru russion to India.  When we arrived it was only 40 degrees and hazy – I quickly learned to convert temp – double and add 30, so it was 110 – HOT! Got to the lobby – ears finally popped – used gum during the landing this time. Long walk to get to immigration and customs – started sweating a lot – not much AC at the airport. Got through Immigrations and customs no problem, got to the exit and saw Sachin waving. Got out of the Airport and got greeted with the heat – walked to the cab and started our tip to Greater Noida – about a 2 drive to go – saw the newer roads and infrastructure – in Noida an G Noida – lots of construction – residential and business – lots! Got to the hotel, security check before entrance, arrived around 1AM – very nice, got to the room , then went for dinner – 24/7 they opened it for me – got some Dal dish – lots of very good food, went to bed around 3AM after winding down a bit. – good day

No comments: