Friday, May 10, 2013

Saturday 5-11 India Day 2 Trust Release

Got up at 5AM, early to watch/help offshore support the upcoming Trust release, met the driver in the lobby by 6AM, office at 6:10.  It’s a nice cool morning.  Got to office, release is in full swing, I was introduced to more members of my team.  Took a break and an outside tour of the NIIT campus.  They are building two more buildings to complete the campus.  it was very nice and the weather was cool with a breeze.  Breakfast was order Alo parahta, another favorite.  The release was completed with great success, the team did an excellent job as usual, thanks!  Going to the hotel for lunch then some travels with Hitesh and Suvrata in the evening. I had lunch at the hotel and asked for a favorite bread - Romali Roti - it is a very thin tasty bread they indicated they dont server it but my regular server indicated he had some special for me and retuned with two slices, this is some really great stuff.  The servers cooks and mgmt all know me now and are extremely friendly and too acoomodating.

Got picked up by Hitesh and off to Noida, to the IPL mall, it was huge lots of activity going on inside and out.  Got in the budiling through a security check and it looked very similar to KOP, except for the names of the shops and the people.  I was packed.  We met Suvrata and walked a bit, saw Hallmark, TGI Friday, KFC, Pizza Hut, Staples, Dunkin Dounuts too.  Many home town offerings.  Lots of people and I stick out very much.  I started starring back and smiling just to see if I got any reactions, and did...so it was fun.  We look at a couple clothing shopes but they dont have a big and tall shop for me here, hope for some luck tomorrow in Delhi.  We went to a sport bar, I think it was called the sports bar to have some drinks and snacks and continue to watch the cricket match.  We had some Indian beer - very good, and snacks, Paneer, mushrooms and chicken.  all very tasty and we had some good talks.

We walked some more and hit the food court, we were looking for a restraunt proiving Romali roti, and stopped at on but did not offer this bread.  I was almost full with the snacks, but it was dinner time.  We had 3 types of bread - mint parntha - very good, thought it was taste link mint, but only a hint of that, layered parnatha - again good, this a crusty crispy chapta, very good but plain, we had another paneer dish and dal.  Again more talks and eating, very nice.  We had desert - Kaffe, I think Inidan ice cream - very rich and tasty it had a nut flavor and some cold noddles, which was odd, but added great tecture to the ice cream and was overall very good, I woudl have never guessed this and probaly would have avoid the paste altogether.  It was a late night headed home after 11PM.  A great night. 

Thanks Hitesh and Suvrata for a great evening!

No comments: